Best Nursing Pillow for Petite Mom
Mothers and caregivers come in many shapes and sizes, and each one has unique needs when it comes to baby products like nursing pillows and carriers. Some nursing pillows and carriers are designed with one ‘average’ size in mind…but not Tushbaby.
We embrace that no mother or caregiver is the same, which is why we’ve designed our products to suit the needs of parents and caregivers of allll shapes and sizes, including petite moms. Keep reading as we review what to look for in a nursing pillow for petite moms to provide you and your baby comfort and support for bottle feeding or nursing.
Best Nursing Pillow for Petite Mom
Table of Contents
- Does a petite mom need a nursing pillow?
- Nursing struggles for a petite mom
- How can a nursing pillow help a petite mom?
- What to look for in a nursing pillow for petite moms
- What is the best nursing pillow for petite moms?
Does a petite mom need a nursing pillow?
We highly recommended that all moms, petite or not, have a nursing pillow. While you can feed your baby without a nursing pillow, your body and baby will feel more supported with the aid of a nursing pillow. With their smaller frames, petite moms may struggle to find nursing pillows that work as intended, but that just means they haven’t found the right nursing pillow.
Keep in mind that we also have the Tushbaby Lite available. With a 4” waistband height (compared to 6” on the original Tushbaby), the Tushbaby Lite offers a slimmer profile that is great for the petite mom.
Nursing struggles for a petite mom
One common struggle petite mothers have while nursing is simply finding a comfortable (and safe) breastfeeding position. This struggle can become even more prevalent as your baby gets larger and heavier, which will surely add stress on your muscles, joints, and bones. When a mother or her body is under stress, the stress can impact breast milk production.
How can a nursing pillow help a petite mom?
For petite moms, it can be much easier to achieve comfortable breastfeeding positions with a nursing pillow. With the proper support, a nursing pillow can help you find the position that works best for you, your body type, and your baby.
When you’ve got the right fit, your baby should be close to your body with your arms, back, and upper body supported and upright. Once you’ve got the right fit, you can focus on how to use a nursing pillow to maximize the benefits of a nursing pillow.
Because the Tushbaby is adjustable, it’s great for moms and caregivers of many sizes. Simply wrap the adjustable waistband high and tight above your waist, and you’ve got yourself a baby carrier that doubles as a nursing pillow and always keeps your baby safe and close. Petite moms appreciate our built-in lumbar support to protect those muscles, joints, and bones. And they can choose between the Tushbaby or the Tushbaby Lite depending on their lumbar support sizing preferences.
What to look for in a nursing pillow for petite moms
- Size: Finding the right fit is the first step in your nursing pillow search. If a nursing pillow doesn’t sit close to your body, you can be stuck leaning in positions that can cause strain and injury. For petite moms, an adjustable nursing pillow can allow you to get your nursing pillow snug enough to your body to keep your baby close.
Tushbaby’s adjustable carrier can also be worn as a breastfeeding pillow. It’s designed to fit waist sizes from 23-44 inches, plus an additional 23 inches with our waistband extender.
- Design/Build: Nursing pillows come in a plethora of shapes and sizes that suit the unique needs of different mothers. But when it comes to petite moms, some pillow designs just don’t work for their body frames. Some common design challenges include the pillow not being adjustable, being too large around the body, or being too bulky for a petite mother.
- Comfort: No matter your size, finding a comfortable nursing pillow is a must. When you spend so much time nursing, you want a nursing pillow that will help create a relaxed experience for you and your baby. The Tushbaby provides a plush memory foam-lined seat for your baby to lay while allowing parents to have a free arm. This means you can sit back, relax, and get comfortable while you nurse. So go ahead, scroll on your phone for a bit or watch your favorite show. You’ve earned it.
- Support: A nursing pillow is meant to provide extra support and relieve some of the strain that you can feel in your back, upper body, arms, and neck when feeding. Be sure your nursing pillow provides your petite frame with ample support to protect your muscles, joints, and bones that may feel added stress over time.
What is the best nursing pillow for petite moms?
Baby carriers that double as nursing pillows aren’t the only thing we’ve designed to serve the needs of busy moms like you: check out our chic mom-friendly tote bag, the Totebaby! This vegan leather bag can be used as your diaper bag, grocery bag, gym bag, you name it.
That’s not all we have to offer…explore our lineup of smart and sophisticated products today.
Diversity is beauty and for that, Tushbaby makes products for parents of all shapes and sizes. Discover products made for you. . . shop online now!