How to Choose a Diaper Bag
Babies have a lot of stuff, and choosing the right diaper bag to hold it all can be a very personal decision for moms. Your bag usually ends up toting more than just your baby’s stuff and is often used for multiple occasions, so you want it to be stylish, dependable, and fully functional for all your needs when you’re on the go with your little one. Diaper bag essentials include adequate storage, versatility, and affordability. Select the features in a diaper bag that are important to you so you have exactly what you need.
A Guide to Choosing a Diaper Bag
Table of Contents
- Which features are most important in a diaper bag?
- How To Organize Your Diaper Bag
- What type of diaper bag should I pick?
Which features are most important in a diaper bag?
- Compartments: Multiple pockets and practical storage help keep all that stuff organized and easy to find, which saves Mom time. Keeping everything in its place will save you from hunting in the depths of your bag, and you can ensure all the essentials stay clean. Totebaby comes fully stocked with a removable organizer, divider pocket, super-slim fold-up changing pad and bottle holder, and is perfectly designed to hold a Tushbaby carrier when you’re on the go. For days when you aren’t with baby, you can slide it in and out as you please to convert Totebaby into a yoga bag, a sustainable grocery bag, a weekend bag, you name it. Adding The Pod to your Totebaby or Tushbaby also provides an accessible place to carry a pacifier or other small items.
- Fabric: Diaper bags are available in a variety of attractive fabric choices, but the best fabrics are durable, easy to clean, and stain resistant, like Totebaby’s buttery vegan leather four colorways, soft velvet in sable or silver, chambray, leopard, versatile black, or black and gold. We know spills and stains will happen when baby is around, so fabric choice matters and Totebaby is stain-resistant.. Being able to quickly wipe a diaper bag clean is a bonus.
- Stability: A diaper bag that handles wear and tear and is a comfortable diaper bag for babywearing with your Tushbaby hip carrier makes good sense. You want your diaper bag to be lightweight yet sturdy so it doesn’t flop over and spill the contents of your bag everywhere.
- Safe: Totebaby is baby-safe and PVC free, lead-free and phthalates free and safety certified. Tushbaby is approved by pediatricians and orthopedists. You can trust that our products are safe for you and your baby.
- Size: Diaper bags come in every shape and size you can imagine. It can be hard to choose, but the key is to make a decision that is right for you and your lifestyle. Be it a tote, backpack, or messenger-style bag, you want to make sure all that stuff fits, is accessible, and stays organized for your busy life on the go.
- Cost: The most expensive diaper bag isn’t always the best diaper bag. Comfort, accessibility, and functionality are the most important features. You don’t have to break the bank to get yourself an affordable diaper bag that works for you.
- Style: This matters in a diaper bag because moms want to look their best and be organized and comfortable. A fashionable yet functional diaper bag can make you feel more confident and prepared for your hectic lifestyle. Since you’re going to use it on a daily basis, you want to pick the style that works for you and that you love.
How To Organize Your Diaper Bag
Moms want to stay organized to save precious time and there is no better way to do that than to keep your diaper bag organized. Here are a few tips to help you organize yours:
Keep the inside of your diaper bag to a minimum. The more you bring along, the harder it will be to stay organized.
Make sure you choose a diaper bag with a removable organizer to make packing easier and quicker.
Purchase The Pod to keep your baby’s pacifier in so it stays clean and ready in its own chic container for your baby when needed
Get a diaper bag with a slim fold-up changing pad
Make different kits and only add them when you need them like a beach kit with a hat and sunglasses, a restaurant kit with baby utensils, a park kit that might have sunscreen and snacks. Have them ready to go so you can grab and go as needed.
Use sample sizes when it's possible because they save space. Replenish as needed.
Store extra items in the car because that can free up space in your diaper bag too and you won’t have to haul it all with you.
Above all, you want a diaper bag like Totebaby that your Tushbaby will conveniently fit into.
What type of diaper bag should I pick?
- Backpacks are very popular and practical diaper bags due to their flexibility and usefulness. Straps are usually wide and comfortable and allow you to wear them longer while distributing the weight evenly between your shoulders. Your hands-free backpack is also out of the way, securely on your back.
- Messenger-style diaper bags may be a better option if you don’t need to carry much in your bag. If you carry too much in a messenger bag, it could aggravate your shoulders because it has one long strap that can be worn over your shoulder or crossbody style. A plus is that messenger bags can be hands-free, and you may want this when carrying your baby with both hands.
- Totes: When you’re looking to use your diaper bag to pull double duty as a purse too, a multi-purpose tote style diaper bag is a versatile and stylish choice. Tote bags with roomy interiors can carry everything you could need and then some. Whether you are a new expectant mom or a mom of many, totes can match your style and stash your stuff at the same time.
Totebaby comes fully stocked with a removable caddy organizer, super-slim fold-up changing pad, extra crossbody strap, and a divider pocket—perfectly designed to hold a Tushbaby hip carrier. It also has a chic clip-on (or off) decorative tortoise shell chain. All of the extra baby tote features are removable when you don’t need them. It can be used as a diaper bag, or transition to a grocery bag, yoga bag, or whatever-you-need-it-for bag.
Our Totebaby bags are a stylish way to stash both your mom and baby stuff, and make your fast-paced easier.Store your stuff! Get both and Tote your Tush! Shop online now!