Best Baby Wrap Carrier for Plus Size Mom
If you’re looking for the best baby wrap for plus size parents, you’ll need to know what to look out for, not just to get the right fit, but also to get the right support. Fabric type and adjustability are just a few things you’ll need to look out for in a baby wrap for plus size body types.
At Tushbaby we understand that one size doesn’t always fit all, which is why we have designed our parent-friendly products to be adjustable too. Keep reading as we review what to look out for in a baby wrap if you are a plus size parent and how Tushbaby’s Snug baby wrap can be the best babywearing wrap for plus size parents and caregivers.
Best Baby Wraps for Plus Size Moms
Table of Contents
- Are baby wraps for plus size moms?
- Can plus size dads wear baby wraps, too?
- Do baby wraps come in different sizes?
- Different baby wrap options for plus size caregivers
- What to look for in a baby wrap for plus size caregivers
- Tushbaby products work together to make a comfortable baby wrap for plus size caregivers
Are baby wraps for plus size moms?
Yes, baby wraps are actually one of the most plus size friendly carrier types you can choose. Parents of many sizes can wear wraps, given they are typically made from one long piece of fabric that can be wrapped and knotted to fit the wearer's body type. This can be a great option for plus size moms as they can utilize as much of the fabric as they need to find the best fit. Before purchasing, it’s always best to do some research on what wrap will suit your needs best.
Can plus size dads wear baby wraps, too?
Absolutely. Babywearing can provide so many benefits for dads, and baby wraps are a great option for plus size dads too. At Tushbaby, we get that moms likely aren’t the only ones doing the babywearing, which is why we’ve designed our carriers in a wide range of fabrics to make the adjustable design even better. Plus size dads can take advantage of Tushbaby’s carrier and Waistband Extender, which adds up to 23 inches around the waist. That’s right Dad, you too can carry your baby, stash your stuff, and save your back while doing it.
Do baby wraps come in different sizes?
That depends. Many wraps come in just one size, with the ability to adjust as needed by tying the wrap tighter or wrapping more around the body. Some brands offer multiple wrap sizes to accommodate you and your baby’s body changes.
With Tushbaby’s Snug baby wrap, you can use the adjustable buckles to allow your wrap to fit you and your baby throughout various stages. That goes for the Tushbaby hipseat too. With the adjustable waistband, you can ensure you’ve got the right fit as your body changes postpartum.
You’ll want to be sure you have your waistband high and tight around your waist for ample back support. Having an adjustable waistband and waistband extender can allow you to get that fit juuuust right!
Different baby wrap options for plus size caregivers
- Woven wraps: A woven wrap can be made from a variety of materials and can come in varying lengths. Because a woven wrap needs to be wrapped around the body, the best baby wrap for plus size moms will be a woven wrap that is made with a longer piece of fabric. This will ensure you have enough fabric to get the suitable wrap to secure your baby and provide you with the most support.
- Ring sling wraps: A ring sling is a woven wrap that can be made from a variety of fabrics and is secured at the shoulder by weaving the fabric through rings. This creates a comfy sling to carry your baby in. There are plenty of ring slings made from long enough fabric to accommodate plus size parents. One thing to consider with a ring sling is that the fabric sits over just one shoulder, which can cause some discomfort for parents who may already have back or neck pain.
What to look for in a baby wrap for plus size caregivers
- Fabric: Not only will you want to ensure the fabric is made from comfortable materials, but you’ll also want to be sure it has some give to it to provide flexibility in sizing. Do note that some fabrics can cause discomfort if poking or pinching occurs with the wrap around your body.
- Stretch: As we mentioned above, stretchy wraps can provide plus size parents the ability to get a bit more flexibility and versatility when it comes to sizing.
- Adjustability: Having an adjustable wrap like Tushbaby’s Snug baby wrap is key because it allows the wearer to get the fit just right. Baby wraps with adjustable features are hands-down some of the best baby wraps for plus size moms. Check out the Snug and see for yourself how the adjustability will help you get your baby wrap just right.
- Straps: When looking for a carrier for plus size parents, you’ll need to keep in mind that the straps will need to be able to fit you comfortably. Straps that squeeze too tight won’t allow you to enjoy your babywearing experience, so look out for stretchy or adjustable straps suitable for plus size parents.
- Waistband: Having a waistband is key when it comes to providing the most back support for parents. While that back support is so crucial for parents who carry their baby day in and day out, baby wraps don’t typically come with a supportive waistband. Tushbaby understands that support shouldn’t have to be sacrificed when looking for a comfortable carrier, which is why we’ve brought the best of both worlds together in the Snug And Tushbaby baby wrap/hipseat carrier combo.
Tushbaby products work together to make a comfortable baby wrap for plus size caregivers
Gone are the days of spending far too much time getting in and out of your baby wrap. Tushbaby’s products work together to be suitable for parents of many sizes and make the babywearing experience a breeze.
Tushbaby is the best baby carrier for plus size moms because of its adjustable features and ability to add on a waistband extender. With the waistband extender offering up to 23 inches, your waistband can accommodate a total of about 70 inches. Tushbaby products work to fit many sizes and offer true comfort and support that every parent needs and deserves. And check out the best of both worlds with a hipseat carrier and baby wrap combo when you use the Snug in tandem with your Tushbaby. Simply attach the Snug to your Tushbaby, and you’ve got a hands free option. Your back, and your baby, will thank you.