Best Soft Nursing Pillow for Mom
When you consider how often you’ll breastfeed your baby, a nursing pillow certainly has its advantages—and one that fulfills extra functions is an even better bonus. While there are many kinds of soft nursing pillows available, the Tushbaby soft baby carrier is the best alternative if you want a convenient soft nursing pillow that you can bring with you wherever you go.
As a new mom, it can be so challenging to figure out which baby gear will make your life easier during the early stages of motherhood. A user-friendly nursing pillow can make a world of difference in simplifying the feeding process and providing much-needed comfort and support for you and your baby.
There are an abundance of nursing pillow choices on the market, so finding the right one for you can seem overwhelming—but fret not. In this blog post, we’ll real-talk nursing pillows, how to use them, and why Tushbaby is the best choice for a multi-function baby hip carrier and soft nursing pillow.
What to Look For in a Soft Nursing Pillow
Table of Contents
- Is a soft nursing pillow worth it?
- What types of soft nursing pillows are there?
- What fabrics are used for soft nursing pillows?
- Which soft nursing pillow is best?
- How to use a nursing pillow
- Benefits of a soft nursing pillow
Is a soft nursing pillow worth it?
Having the proper support while you breastfeed or bottle feed can save your back, shoulders, and wrists, so it's definitely worth it to take the time to discover which nursing pillow is the best one for you—or if an alternative is even better. You want a nursing pillow that is lightweight, supportive, and adjustable.
Tushbaby is all of that and more: its versatility is a big plus because it works interchangeably as a baby hip carrier, keeping your baby close in four positions to help you better bond with your little one.
What types of soft nursing pillows are there?
- Classic nursing pillows are C-shaped and can transition later into a support pillow when your baby is ready to sit up.
- Travel nursing pillows come in a range of shapes and can be quite convenient. Some have compact pockets and can even be used as a crossbody purse.
- Wraparound nursing pillows wrap around your body and provide lumbar support for your back. They are also sometimes called boomerangs or U-shaped pillows, and are great for plus-size moms. However, these are usually too big to travel with and take up a lot of space when you aren’t using them.
- Organic nursing pillows are made from natural materials like organic cotton.
- Inflatable nursing pillows will inflate or deflate to easily take with you, but they aren’t considered soft.
- Adjustable nursing pillows sometimes have multiple removable layers to help you find the right size for you and your baby.
- Multi-function nursing pillows offer versatility because they can be used for different purposes, and Tushbaby is one multi-function nursing pillow that can be used interchangeably as a baby hip carrier. It conveniently travels with you, fitting perfectly into your carry-on, checked bag, or Totebaby diaper bag so you’re always ready to go. And that means a lot for busy moms.
Tushbaby protects your back, arms, and shoulders, so you can carry your little one effortlessly while having the freedom to do what you need. It even has an adjustable waistband with built-in lumbar support (and you can add additional length around the waist with our Waistband Extender!).
What fabrics are used for soft nursing pillows?
The number of available fabrics, colors, and styles for soft nursing pillows can overwhelm even the most fashion-forward mom.
Different fabric choices for Tushbaby
You can show off your favorite personal style with a selection of Tushbaby fabrics, including:
- Plush Velvet
- Vegan Leather
Tushbaby comes in a range of colors like Chambray and Leopard, Sable or Silver Velvet, various colors in Vegan Leather, Classic Black or with gold accents, and Grey. Our Tushbaby lite model, with a slimmer profile and fewer pockets, comes in Charcoal and a seersucker-style Blue Stripe pattern.
Tushbaby also has the convenience of being washable and stain resistant. Our velvet and polyester Tushbabies are machine-washable, while our vegan leather Tushbabies can be wiped clean or hand-washed with mild soap and water.
The Tushbaby hip seat is memory foam-lined for optimal comfort and hip health for babies, while evenly distributing their weight and providing built-in lumbar support for the wearer. The waistband belt includes a sturdy velcro fastening, safety strap, and buckle with extra safeguards.
Which soft nursing pillow is best?
The best soft nursing pillow for you and your baby will be the one that works for all of your needs, the one you always grab because of its soft fabric that’s the most comfortable for you and your baby. Nursing pillows like Tushbaby that can multitask are big winners because they pull double duty as a baby hip carrier with a seat to transition between feeding and carrying, and have plenty of pockets for storage.
How to use a nursing pillow
Babies and moms have their own ideas about what works best for breastfeeding, and it sometimes comes down to a regular routine. When you use your nursing pillow in bed, you want support so you can adjust and maneuver to different nursing positions, because you may not always want to feed your baby while you or your baby are lying down.
Wear your Tushbaby high and tight above your waist and position your body to move your baby to nipple height so feeding doesn't hurt your body. Bring the baby to your nipple instead of leaning forward so you don’t strain your back or shoulders.
For more details, read How to Use a Nursing Pillow.
Benefits of a soft nursing pillow
What’s ideal about using a Tushbaby as an alternative to a soft nursing pillow is that Tushbaby can go wherever you go. The convenience of having a versatile, lightweight, and portable baby hip carrier that doubles as a soft nursing pillow and easily travels with you can’t be underestimated. It has convenient pockets to stash your stuff with a handy built-in mesh bottle holder, too.Breast and bottle feed. Cuddle and Carry. Pick up and put down. Bring your versatile Tushbaby hip carrier and nursing pillow along with you wherever you and your baby go! Shop online today!