Best Baby Wrap Carrier
It’s no question that babywearing is a great way to keep your baby comfortable, give your body extra support, and free up some hands to go about your day. With various baby carrier types on the market, you may be wondering which to choose. Ultimately, the right baby carrier is up to personal preference and what suits the needs of your baby and their stage of development.
Different baby carrier types are suitable for babies at different stages of development, but not all carriers are suitable for newborns. Baby wraps are a great choice if you are looking for a baby carrier for a newborn.
While baby wraps provide babies and wearers with many benefits, there are a few things to consider if you’re in the market for one.
Keep reading as we review what to look for in a baby wrap and how the Snug attachment checks all the boxes (and more) of a traditional baby wrap, making it the hands-down best baby wrap carrier.
How to Choose the Best Baby Carrier Wrap
Table of Contents
- What is a baby wrap?
- Do you need a baby wrap?
- What to look for in a baby wrap
- Does a baby wrap have to have a ring sling?
- How many carry positions can you do with a baby wrap?
- Tushbaby and the Snug: The Ultimate Baby Wrap
What is a baby wrap?
Baby wraps are a type of baby carrier, typically made from a long soft fabric that is wrapped around the wearer's body. A baby wrap is a soft baby carrier that allows the wearer to be hands-free while their baby has a comfortable place to rest.
Do you need a baby wrap?
While there are plenty of baby carrier options, a baby wrap is one of the favorites for many moms when it comes to using a soft baby carrier. Using a baby wrap can allow you to hold your baby nice and close with added support, so you can enjoy every moment of closeness and bonding with your newborn. Baby wraps can also be a great tool for mothers who need to nurse in public.
And let’s face it, if you’re breastfeeding, there will surely come a time when you need to feed while you’re out and about. With a baby wrap, you can comfortably get your baby in a great position for nursing while remaining covered by the soft fabric of the wrap. Another great feature of a baby wrap is that it allows parents to free up a hand or two, allowing them to get things done while keeping their baby comfortable. With so many benefits that a baby wrap can provide, you won’t want to leave it off your newborn must-have list. Pro tip: don’t forget to add your baby wrap to your baby shower registry!
What to look for in a baby wrap
- Comfort: Comfort is key when it comes to a baby wrap. Be sure your baby wrap is comfortable on your body and made from soft fabrics that will keep your baby happy and safe.
- Fit: Because baby wraps are typically made from just one piece of fabric, you’ll need to ensure your wrap is suitable for your body type.
- Ease of Use: An important part of babywearing is that your carrier is easy to use. With a baby who may demand you pick them up and put them down throughout the day, you don’t want to find yourself struggling to get in and out of your wrap. The Snug baby wrap carrier’s buckle design makes getting in and out of your wrap a breeze.
- Longevity: Finding a wrap that lasts through various stages of your baby’s development will provide ultimate value in a carrier. The Snug attaches to your Tushbaby carrier to be used as early as infancy, up to three years of age of 45 pounds
- Care: Your baby wrap is bound to need some TLC every few wears. Finding a wrap that can be machine-washed will prevent you from having to hand wash and dry your wrap.
- Climate: You’ll need to consider climate when looking for the right baby wrap. For hot summers, you’ll want to be sure your baby wrap is made from breathable fabrics that prevent your baby from getting too hot.
- Ergonomic: The best baby carrier wrap should provide the wearer added support for carrying their baby throughout the day. Some wraps can pull on the wearer’s shoulders, especially when worn incorrectly. With the combination of the Snup wrap buckled to Tushbaby’s ergonomic hipseat carrier, you’re sure to have added support to carry your baby longer.
- Baby’s weight and age: As we mentioned, not all baby carriers are suitable for all ages. When picking your wrap, ensure you’re choosing a wrap appropriate for your baby’s age, weight, and developmental needs.
Does a baby wrap have to have a ring sling?
No, not all baby wraps have to have a ring sling. Ring slings are another option for parents looking for a soft baby carrier as they are also made of long fabric. Ring slings are different than a traditional baby wrap in that they are held tight together using a ring to weave the fabric through. This makes a ring sling different to put on than the tying technique of a traditional baby wrap.
Another great option for securing baby wraps is the use of buckles, which alleviate the pressure of the wearer having to nail the wrapping and tying that can feel like human origami.
Tushbaby’s Snug baby wrap allows the wearer to conveniently secure their baby wrap with their baby facing in or out with the ease of adjustable buckles, no complex twists and turns needed. Simply attach the Snug to your Tushbaby, then wrap your Snug straps from the front, over the shoulder to opposite the opposite side (the straps will make a criss cross on your back) and buckle. Tighten straps for your comfort and baby’s safety,, and you’re ready to enjoy all the benefits of a baby wrap without the stress— we’ve got your back. Literally.
How many carry positions can you do with a baby wrap?
The amount of carry positions you can do with a baby wrap will depend on the manufacturer, but typically you can achieve a variety of positions because the wrapping is up to you. For example, most wraps will allow the wearer to carry their baby on their hip, front inward facing, or even carrying on their back. Now… successfully achieving these three wrap carry positions can take some practice! We recommend always practicing before it comes time to wear your baby in a baby wrap.
Tushbaby and the Snug: The Ultimate Baby Wrap
If you are like many parents who don’t want to question their confidence in baby wrapping or tying of a wrap, you’ll want to check out the Snug baby wrap. Because the snug can be buckled instead of tied, you have one less thing to worry about so you can enjoy baby wearing with both the comfort of a baby wrap and the convenience of a hip seat carrier. Tushbaby’s Snug baby wrap is one of a kind as it’s designed to be worn in tandem with the Tushbaby hipseat, to bring together the best of two carrier types! Easily wear your comfortable wrap with the added support of the ergonomic hipseat waistband. Not to mention, you can store all your necessities in your hipseat pockets… you can’t get that with a traditional baby wrap.
The Snug baby wrap is the best wrap baby carrier on the market. Check out Tushbaby and the Snug to see how our many products were designed with the functional parent in mind. Our baby-centric products go beyond the best carriers too—we offer products like the Totebaby vegan leather diaper tote and Pod to keep your paci clean and handy wherever you go.Your baby deserves the best, and so do you. Shop Tushbaby today for a collection of ergonomic and user-friendly baby wraps and carriers!